The Health Benefits of Eating Blueberries
The health benefits of blueberries have been discovered over the years. They are loaded with nutrients that have been proven to help lower high blood pressure, fight free radicals, and even slow the aging process. Blueberries are packed full of anthocyanins, the powerful antioxidants that fight off free radicals. It has been proven that by including blueberries in your diet you can:
* Lower High Blood Pressure – Studies have shown that adding blueberries to the diet can significantly lower high blood pressure. Some even say that it can be life saving. This is because blueberries help to clean up the “bad” cholesterol from the body. The anthocyanins and flavonoids that are in blueberries help to clean this debris up. As a result, your heart is able to pump oxygen around the body more efficiently.
* Fight Cancer – Researchers at the University of Rhode Island have found that when mice were fed a high-fat diet, they developed numerous cancers. When they ate only blueberries they were protected from cancer and their prognosis was greatly improved. Blueberries are very high in anthocyanins and have been proven to prevent cancer cells from developing in the human body.
* Fight Bacteria – The anthocyanins that are in blueberries can also help prevent bacterial infections. They inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria in your gut. They do this by blocking the entrance of toxins into your bloodstream. In addition to fighting bacteria, blueberries can also help prevent the growth of harmful yeasts. This is because the polyphenols that are in the blueberries can interfere with the synthesis of the bad bacteria.
* Improve Your Memory – Regular consumption of fresh blueberries has been shown to improve your memory. Scientists have even tested the health benefits of blueberries on Alzheimer’s patients. The antioxidants in the blueberry prevent damage to brain cells and as a result improve memory. This means you can safely add them to your diet and get these wonderful health benefits without any worries.
* Fight Hot Flushes – Did you know that blueberries also help prevent hot flashes? When women go through menopause their hormones start to fluctuate and this affects their mood and energy. It can even lead to hot flashes and clogged sweat holes. A diet rich in antioxidants such as those found in blueberries can help prevent this problem. You’ll find it hard to get excited about a hot minute when you’re watching your weight!
* Boost Your immunity – These health benefits of blueberries go far beyond just fighting off germs. They are also excellent for improving your immune system. Antioxidants help protect you from the effects of free radicals. This can help prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer.
As you can see, there are numerous health benefits of blueberries. You don’t have to limit yourself to delicious strawberries every day. Adding blueberries to your diet not only improves your diet but also helps your overall health. Now that you know they are healthy, why not give them a try?
Blueberries are packed full of antioxidants. In fact, some studies show that blueberries can help reduce the risks of cancer by up to 40 percent. Antioxidants are very important to our bodies. They are responsible for carrying oxygen to cells and neutralizing dangerous toxins. Antioxidants are also responsible for carrying oxygen to the blood, which is critical for keeping the human body functioning properly.
Blueberries are also full of phytochemicals. Some research has shown that phytochemicals can improve your health. Some phytochemicals have been proven to treat and prevent certain diseases. Some of these diseases include diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease and cancer. That’s a long list of diseases, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
If you enjoy a good solid food, you should definitely add some blueberries to your diet. The health benefits don’t stop there. Some studies have shown that eating this particular food can help increase your energy, help you sleep better and help you prevent weight gain. It doesn’t get any better than that.
The list of health benefits associated with blueberries is huge. They are packed with nutrients, they are easy to add to your diet and they taste great too. Blueberry juice or blueberry pulp make great smoothies, packed with vitamins and minerals. When you pair those things with some light wine, your blueberry day is going to be an amazing one.